Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tomorrow is the due date

Tomorrow is the big day! (Not really, it's just the end of the countdown). So far, there's not really any sign that anything is going to happen tomorrow, but there are often no signs. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and I'm hoping we can hear something good about getting this baby out! Jon found an online poll today that seemed to indicate that there's no better chance of having your baby early as having it late. Thanks to some quick math, we determined there is a 97 percent chance of me having the baby in the next two weeks. :) It's so odd that childbirth, something that happens every day, every minute all around the world, is basically impossible to predict. Since we found out I was pregnant, I've had my money on the 17th and Jon has thought it would be the 20th. There is a full moon on Friday, July 18, so maybe it will be then.

Today's induction attempts included a 3+ mile walk and a Cheesy Crunch Wrap with hot sauce (inspired by a dream Chrissy had). I did have a really good contraction at 2:15 but have felt nothing since. Don't get me wrong--I'm not reaching for the Castor oil yet. I just feel like a little spicy food may help Jude find his way out. My stomach, however, has always been made of steel, so I'm thinking that spicy food isn't going to do the job.

We did get out this evening and went to a barbecue at the home of one of Jon's professors. The food was great and we had the chance to visit with a lot of people who wished us well. It was fun, I must admit, to watch folks marvel at my slim ankles, unable to believe nothing was swollen. I didn't realize what an exception this pregnancy has been, but apparently feeling good at 40 weeks is unusual. I'm a lucky lady.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Dang! I really thought that crunchwrap was gonna do it! Maybe it has a 24 hour delay or something...