Saturday, July 26, 2008

Relax!

Jude is looking better all the time in that he is pink (from the transfusion), and he is more relaxed. The nurse this evening was concerned with him flexing his feet and keeping his hands in fists, so she put a blanket under his feet and he has started to let his feet rest there. They also upped his fentanyl to a very low dose drip that is helping him to relax. He's about halfway through his treatment and due to be warmed up on Monday. It will take about 6 hours to bring Jude back to regular baby temperature. We'll most likely be able to hold him for the first time on Monday evening :) We will be going home tomorrow, and I'm going to focus on getting the house ready for Jude to come home rather than the fact he is not home yet. I feel like he needs to be at the hospital, so while I want him home with us, I don't worry about him in the NICU. Plus, the time at home will give us full nights of rest before he comes home and time for me to continue to heal.

Tonight when I grabbed Jude's foot, he moved his other foot over to touch my hand too.

8 comments:

Lucy said...

What a lovely update!

I am thinking of your family this morning.

Best,
Lucy

Roger & Rainy said...

Jon & Amanda, wonderful news! We will continue our daily prayers. We can't wait to see baby Jude!

Love,
Roger & Rainy

Anonymous said...

That's great!

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I hope that everything goes well for Jude tomorrow.

I used to work with Jon at RJR High and just stumbled upon your blog via Esbee. I will be praying for you guys and sending good thoughts your way!

J. Gregory said...

Jon and Amanda, I just started reading your blog tonight. Know that my thoughts are with you both and baby Jude.
Jennifer Gregory

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog and am amazed at your strength and positivity. I will keep the both of you, as well as Jude, in my prayers. Stay strong--you are going to make amazing parents.
Amanda (Farabee) Felten

Anonymous said...

Hey guys... Holly in KY... LVH has been keeping me up to date and finally just gave me your link! I am praying for you and Baby Jude is in my heart and prayers constantly! I can't wait to see this guy's picture and to hear about the first time Mommy and Daddy get to kiss his face! Much love!

Maria said...

Congratulations, again. Jude is an extraordinary boy, and you guys are (yet again) amazing.

M