Friday, June 1, 2007

Jon goes to Dover

Things on the home front are good, and Jon has safely arrived in Dover to our rented condominium. Many were worried on how I would fair, being alone and all, but after two days I'm finding that the missing hasn't quite sunk in yet. I'm trying to focus on school and on my own upcoming trip--I think I'm doing alright.

The dogs, on the other hand, were feeling the effects from day 1. You see, we have two pug dogs. Every pug dog must have a lap, and at our house we are down to one lap. This lack of lap is leaving one pug in flux pretty much all the time. Clara was in my lap this afternoon, so Lucy started chewing on a plastic water bottle. This sounds like normal Lucy behavior, but she hasn't really been into water bottles for about a year. Then Lucy climbed onto the back of the couch, which she doesn't usually resort to unless she's trying to eat my popcorn by way of an aerial assault. It's like she's acting out. When Lucy has custody of the lap, Clara wanders around the living room licking things. After a long walk and now that it is after 9, both pugs are sleeping. It is only for this reason that I am even able to type this. My conclusion--pugs need dads.

No comments: