Tuesday, July 17, 2007

People here are nice, and my former roommate is both talented and diligent

1. I played again last night! Same place I've played the last couple of times, but this time the crowd just really seemed to love it. I got some genuine-sounding compliments, and it was nice. I see it less as a reflection of my playing and more as a reflection of the supportive atmosphere musicians have for each other here. That's one thing I really wish was around at home. In a dream world, I'd talk Snuzz into hosting an open mic at a decent hour in Winston, and there would be a lot of nice, talented songwriters that would come out and do their thing. And I could find someone to come up and do "Yankee Bayonet" with me.

Amanda, wife and friend extraordinaire, once again filmed the performance, so I'll but a song or two up soon.

2. If you read this and aren't Brendan, take a minute to check out Anacrusis, Brendan's constrained-writing project he's been doing for quite a while now. Every day, he writes a story with exactly 101 words, and today he posted his 1,001th entry. Pretty awesome. The milestone entry is actually an audio story read by a bunch of folks, myself and Amanda included (we're the bookends). But yeah, check it out and celebrate the milestone. You should read the archives too. My favorites are the celebrity stories.

No comments: