Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lookin' for a home

Amanda has already covered the highlights of the White Stripes show, but I just wanted to add a couple cents.

First, Jack White is a unique talent. I can't really describe it, but wow. The Presence, the musicality, just the sensibility he has - he really feels it. I have a small man-crush on Jack. And Meg holds it down so well. She's rock and roll.

The songs from the new album were great live. Especially Icky Thump, Effect and Cause, and Slowly Turning Into You (which was my favorite of the night, I think).

I can't say much more about it, just because I enjoyed it so much. Here are a couple of good Youtube videos from the show. The first is a great recording of Jolene, and next is their closer, the old standard "Boll Weevil." Enjoy! We did.



No comments: