Saturday, May 22, 2010

6 years


Today is our 6th anniversary. I'm not so sure what's unique about this anniversary than all the ones before it, but something feels different. I feel proud of this anniversary, and I feel sentimental.

Some of toughest times have come over the last two years, so maybe it's that we've come through those together. When bad things happen, we cling to one another. When joyful things happen, we cling to one another.

When I was growing up, my dad once told me, "You can't change a man." I took this to heart, knowing that I wouldn't marry someone who I thought needed to be molded or shaped in some way. I wanted someone who fit just right from the start. Someone who shared my values, as well as my sense of humor. Jon is that person for me. I wouldn't want to change a thing.

We spent this morning roaming a festival and eating barbecue, and tomorrow we're taking Jude to his first baseball game. I'm so happy to be celebrating our marriage this weekend as a family, doing the things we enjoy together. As Jon said in his card to me this morning, thanks for the first 6 and here's to 60 more.

No comments: