Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day


Mother's Day began at 12:09 a.m. when Jon and I finally got in bed after a Grandma's Genius show. Jon had a card for me and a card from Jude. In the morning, Jon handled all the baby and doggie duties and made breakfast for me, huevos rancheros, bacon, and tortillas. Que rico!

We dropped off Jude with Chris and Ashley after his nap and had lunch out, did some shopping, sat in the sun, and had some ice cream. After picking Jude up, we went home for naps and then out to dinner and to buy groceries. It was such a wonderful day with time for myself, time with my son, and time with my husband.

I shed some tears today, remembering everything that happened when Jude was born. And then I shed some more thinking about all that he can do. I know it's cliche, but I feel like the luckiest mom (and wife) in the world.

I have lots of pics and a video to share, so I'll get on with it! This week, Jude, Jon, and I watched a demo at the Farmer's Market by CJ and Carla from "Top Chef." They were kind enough to take a picture with us. The top pic is from today, one of Chris with his ride, and our Rachel Ray dinner from a few nights ago. (Honey-lime salmon and black bean, corn and spinach salad). Click to enlarge.

1 comment:

zuzutracy said...

I need to check this blog more than once every six months, I suppose. Encounters with Top Chef celebrities! I am jealous. Hope you guys are enjoying Jude's walking; Zuzu has made several short strides of her own but still prefers crawling for the most part. Beautiful pictures; great to see you all --
Tracy