Sunday, August 24, 2008

First day of school

Normally I would be all geared up for tomorrow. I would be rehearsing my script in my head, remembering the bad jokes I always tell on the first day of school and trying to describe to 6th graders how to read their schedule (it actually takes a college degree). I would sleep poorly, scared my alarm wouldn't go off. And Jon would finally have to say, "Amanda, it will be fine." I would spend the morning helping with combination locks and giving directions. I would come home exhausted from all the talking but call my mom immediately to tell her how it went.

This year is different. I will spend my day with diapers, feedings, and Jude the 10-pound wonder-kid. I know these next two weeks are going to go by so quickly before I have to go back to work. I'll be ready to see my friends and meet my new students, but leaving Jude is going to be hard. I'm so glad Jon will be here with him. We are still looking for someone to keep Jude about 10 hours a week when mine and Jon's schedules are off set for a few hours. We had something arranged, or so we thought, since April, but it fell through.

Anyone know of a good baby sitter? Must have experience with baby acid reflux :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh how I wish I could fly in for a few days each week to watch him for you!
I miss all three of you like crazy!

Chrissy