Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Keeping our fingers crossed

About a year ago we were packing our house up for a move a couple of hours east so that Jon could take a new job and I could stay home Jude and start graduate school. Since then, our house has been for sale. We finally have a closing date of next Thursday and the appraisal and inspection are scheduled for this week. We are so very excited, but I am trying not react until those papers are signed!

We will be glad to get rid of those monthly payments, but we are sad about letting go of Winston-Salem. The house was our last claim in the city. We'll go back, I'm sure. I mean, I can't go too terribly long without a Wild Buffalo sandwich from Terry's Deli in Kernersville. We also miss meandering around Old Salem, walking at Salem Lake, the simple lunch from Salem Kitchen, my WMS friends, and Wake football (where we were totally going to buy season tickets when Jude was old enough!)

Not ever going in the house again is sad too. We never really got to enjoy our new HVAC system installed just before we moved. We never opened the fireplace. The saddest thing to me is leaving Jude's room. We picked out the color, a pale yellow called "Summer Wish" for our little July baby. Jon painted the room by himself because I had to stay out of the fumes. My mom came and helped me install the room darkening shades. Jon and I spent a lot of time in there putting together furniture with an Allen wrench. After Jude was born we could get a few moments free of acid reflux screaming if we put him in bed and cranked up the mobile.

We will miss you Winston, and a part of our hearts will always live on Hartley Street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we are soooo excited to hear the news!!! chris is calling you right now! sounds like another celebration dinner coming up to me!