Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Delirium

My pregnancy dreams are typically bold, and though they may be strange, they usually make some sort of strange sense. The dreams I've had since I've had the flu are way closer to being delusions than anything I have ever experienced. I have thought some of of the strangest things in the past few days. Here are some tales:
Monday: I fall asleep on the couch, and Jon, not realizing I was asleep, says something to me. His voice wakes me up, and I say something like, "I think I heard you, were you talking about chips?" I ask him this because in my mind we were eating tortilla chips, and he gave me a really big one that was shaped like the number seven. In reality, he wasn't even close to me and we weren't eating.
Monday night: I had watched "Jon and Kate Plus 8" during the day. The show is about a couple with a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. Throughout the night I kept thinking, "I'm excited to be pregnant, but I already have 6 kids."
Tuesday night: We had watched "Arrested Development," a show about a family whose father gets arrested and the older brother tries to keep the family company and the family together through the court cases that ensue. I was lying in bed last night and thought, "But I'm in my pajamas, I need to put on a skirt for court," thinking I was another sibling in the family and would have to testify. In "Arrested Developement" the siblings are always fighting over control of the company and its purse, and this led me to think this morning, "I'm just trying to breathe through my nose, not sign an accord." I think I thought I was telling the other kids I was not a threat to the company, I just had the flu.

I'll continue to update as the delirium continues.

No comments: