Monday, April 2, 2007

Opening Day

It's one of the best sports days of the year. A perfect time for some predictions that I can laugh about in October. Or June.

AL West: Anaheim
AL Central: Detroit
AL East: Yankees
AL Wild Card: Boston
AL MVP: Vlad G.
AL Cy: Johan Santana (I don't want to pick him to win again, but if he healthy, no one's better.)

AL Division series: Yankees over Tigers, Red Sox over Angels
ALCS: Red Sox over Yankees

NL West: Arizona
NL Central: Milwaukee?
NL East: Mets
NL Wild Card: Phillies
NL MVP: Albert Pujols
NL Cy: Randy Johnson (Comeback year?) No, Carlos Zambrano.

NL Division series: Mets over D-Backs, Phillies over Brewers
NLCS: Phillies over Mets

Worls Series: Red Sox over Phillies

Some of these are gut feelings, others are stretches, some are just things I think would be fun. I'd love to see the A's win it, but yeah. About that whole "offense" thing. Also healthy pitching.

If these are really wrong I'm claiming they were someone else's.

No comments: